COVID-19 Scheduling Updates
All indoor and outdoor events must abide by 6-foot distancing between participants, and all other Northeastern, local and state guidance around events remains in place. Please speak with your Program Manager if you are interested in hosting an in-person event. All space for events and meetings can be requested online via NUSSO, and is subject to approval by the Events Committee. For more information, please see the University Events Policy.
Dance Studios and the Campus Crossroads remain closed at this time.
|Capacity Phase 4.1|
|Willis Court Tent (The Lodge)||60|
|West Village Tent (West Central)||54|
|O'Bryant Tent (Rainbow Room)||31|
|Blackman Auditorium||150 (performance venue, fixed seating)|
The Center for Student Involvement’s Scheduling Office
434 Curry Student Center
The Center for Student Involvement’s Scheduling Office (CSI Scheduling) is the source for many of your on-campus space-reservation needs. Whether you’re a Northeastern faculty/staff member or a registered student organization, CSI Scheduling is here to assist in securing you the best meeting and event spaces available.*
*External organizations may request the use of CSI Scheduling’s spaces via the Office of External Events & Conference Programs; please note that there may be rental fees for such use.
CALL FOR PROGRAMS - NOW OPEN!
As we look forward to the next year, we are thinking ahead and starting to map out the course of next academic year, in the expectation that at least some of our many in-person event functions can once again take place. The Center for Student Involvement Scheduling Office is now accepting reservation requests for the 2021/22 academic year (Sept 8, 2021 through May 1, 2022) from all university departments.
To Request Space for In-Person Events:
- Log in to the myNortheastern portal at https://my.northeastern.edu
- Click on the “Services and Links” tab
- Click on “NU Space Scheduling Online” or search for “NU Space Scheduling Online.”
- Sign in again on the reservations site.
Click on “Create a Reservation” and then choose “CSI Call for Programs 2021” “Book Now” and follow the prompts to submit your requests.
Requests are due by noon on Friday, May 7, 2021. Space is limited; all requests will be reviewed and accommodated if possible. If we are unable to provide you with your preferred space or date, we will attempt to provide other venue/date options suitable to your programs. Please note that this process is not first‐come first‐served, so please take care and time in submitting your requests.
We hope to notify all departments of their allocated spaces in early June. Please do take advantage of this annual “Call for Programs” request process, as event‐space availability for the academic year 2021/22 may be extremely limited upon its completion.
As we have adapted this year, any reservations will be made tentatively and adjusted as needed to meet the state of the pandemic. We will provide notice as soon as possible if and when spaces booked through the process may no longer be available due to health regulations.
HOW TO BOOK SPACE
There are two ways you can reserve Center for Student Involvement space at Northeastern University:
- Through the campus-wide Call for Programs
- On an as-needed basis after the Call for Programs closes
Prior to reserving space, please read through our general policies, found on our website in the Policies Guide. If you have any further questions, please reach out to the CSI Scheduling Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-373-2632 and our staff will be happy to walk you through the process.
RESERVING SPACE AFTER CALL FOR PROGRAMS
Upon the completion of Call for Programs for a given year, further requests are processed on a first come, first served basis through the CSI Scheduling Office’s online scheduling service center or via the scheduling desk in 434 CSC.
- Access Northeastern University Space Scheduling Online (NUSSO) via myNortheastern to view open rooms, learn about venues, and book space.
- If you have further questions or concerns, please contact the CSI Scheduling Desk. You should include the following information to expedite service:
1. Date(s) of reservation and beginning and end times (make sure you factor in time for set-up and breakdown)
2. Event name
3. Group name (University departments and recognized student organizations only)
4. Contact name (faculty/staff or student organization presidents, treasurers, or event coordinators only)
5. Contact phone number and email address (@northeastern.edu or @husky.neu.edu only)
Registered student organizations can request the reservation of additional classrooms by submitting our Academic Classroom Reservation Request Form. The Major Event Venues are listed below and further information regarding each venue can be found here.
- Blackman Auditorium
- CSC Ballroom
- CSC Indoor Quad
- CSC McLeod Suites
- CSC West Addition
- Fenway Center
Select outdoor areas can be booked for events including:
- Bulfinch Mall
- Centennial Common
- Kretzman Quad
- Library Courtyard
- Science/Robinson Quad
- Sculpture Park
- Speare Quad
- Stetson East/Freshman Quad
- West Village Quad
- West Village Sand Volleyball Court
The following spaces are also available and can be reserved with their managing departments. To inquire about availability, please contact the appropriate offices as indicated:
- Raytheon Amphitheater (Egan): Contact your CSI Program Manager
- Cabral Center (AAI): Reserve online
- Sacred Space (Ell Hall): Reserve online
- Xhibition Kitchen + Dining Hall: Contact Deb Fantasia at email@example.com
- Marino Center Dance Studios: Place your request with the Marino Center directly
- Social Justice Resource Center: Reserve online
- Matthews Area, Cabot, Parsons Field, Henderson Boathouse, Dedham: Contact Alex Gallant at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on March 31st, 2021 at 3:59 pm